Friday, June 02, 2006

Friday again... and the new smoking law...

It seems like the weeks are just flying by.
It's already June... infact June 2nd! I honestly don't know where the past 5 months have gone.
The new smoking law has taking into effect in Quebec. I think it's great on one hand, but on the other... my store is right next to a tiny-little- hole-in-the-wall restaurant that has it's group of nothing-better-to-do-with-all-of-our-free-time patrons. They all smoke, and now they smoke outside. So this morning when I got to the store I got out my broom and swept all of the cig butts infront of the resto's door. I think this isn't going to be an isolated case, people are going to be forced to gather outside and smoke and I think we're going to see an increase in littering... which is not very impressive. Hopefully if I continue to sweep everyone morning, I'll get my point across... the sidewalk isn't one big ash tray!!!

Today is Abby's Bat Mitzvah... remember that beautiful card I made with the matching beautiful envie? Well turns out I measured something wrong and the beautiful card doesn't fit in the beautiful envie! Smooth huh ;)

That's all for now, hope everyone has a super weekend!!!

4 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! Maybe you'll have to make another card b/c that envelope is too pretty to waste!

I agree about the smokers...:(

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so agree about the smoking.....

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Much Ado said...

yep, this law was passed in Ireland too, it all pans out in the end. People were up in arms about it at first! Wish they would bring it to Spain!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I totally agree about the smoking and love your sweeping idea

aw man that envelope was so pretty though,lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home