Sunday, November 27, 2005

Where did my mind go?

Maybe now I know how it feels to age. Lately I feel like I have spent so much time rendering, drafting and working on perspectives that my mind seems to be going to mush. I don't feel challenged mentally; only half of my brain is being used.

My English skills are lacking, French is getting even worse and I should just wave goodbye to my Italian. Only 2 weeks left until winter break and since I wont be working my ass off like I do in the semester I have high hopes about re-educating myself in 6 weeks or less.

I need to find some books in Italian, get a perspective tutor, and read a few English books I've had piling up, do a few watercolors just for myself, and start and finish a wedding album for some very patient friends.

Between you and me (because I think only one person reads my blog) ;) I’m pretty lonely. I feel like all I do is school work and I rarely see friends. I’ve been busy planning my imaginary wedding and realized that aside from my sister who would my bridesmaids be? Brendan is insisting that his sister would be one, but I don’t really feel that bond with her. I may use it as a bargaining tool though, because I would like Dan to be a groomsman.
I have plenty of long distance friends, but who do I have here to go eat sushi with, to talk about guys with, to go to bars with (because I do that so often… not!) and do all those things those crazy ladies on Sex in the City would do. If I’m Carie who is my Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte?

Maybe it's thinking about my non-existant wedding in such great detail which is rotting my brain... a girl can dream right?

4 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, you're thinking too hard! Explains why you're so stressed. Don't forget, us long distance friends COULD travel for your wedding! ;)
I don't watch Sex in the City *gasp* but I know what you mean about having friends to do girly stuff with - remember, I left my life behind when I moved here!
You need some time for yourself, I think you'll find YOU again when you finally have time to do whatever it is you want to do. No time limits, no due dates.

Chin up!

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blog Sam!!

Keep your spirits up! I'm always around, and I ahve excellent wedding planning skills! ;)

((HUGS))
Victoria

 
At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, yay! I might get to be part of the wedding :-D

But I do see what you mean, not that we don't gossip as is :p

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is more than 1 person who reads your blog :) I happened upon it today. I wish I lived closer to Montreal and could meet you. It's interesting because even though I am married and have 2 kids, my once existent friends seem to have gone AWAL leaving me feeling pretty alone most of the time too. Moving a thousand miles away to Ontario didn't help much either. Funny how TV shows always show women surrounded by huge groups of friends, when in reality a lot of us are so busy that we don't even have the time for OURSELVES let alone going for coffee and shopping trips! Relish the time that you have to yourself right now. Things have a way of changing too fast :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home