Friday, September 02, 2005

Can't watch the news....

I can't stand it anymore. I don't mean to turn a blind eye to it, but I just can't do it anymore.

The government isn't working fast enough. Anderson Cooper from CNN told the Senator of Louisianna that people are frustrated, and the last thing they want to hear is politicians thanking each other and congratulating each other on a job well done.

Nothing has been done... People are still without food, water and shelter and adults, children and animals are dying. The government needs to move, and move fast, I almost feel as though nothing has been done.

We haven't heard from my family since Tuesday... they were alive. What if they can't get to a shelter? There aren't enough shelters, there isn't enough water. All they have is the clothes on their backs.

Please open your hearts. If you have a spare room in your home and live in the southern states, please consider opening your home. No gesture is too small, especially when people have so little

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh so true. It's really remarkable how LITTLE has been done. I live up north so all I can do is donate, which I am. I will continue to donate money, and supplies that are needed. Thanks for posting this.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

The helplessness and watching the lack of speed or urgency in the relief is so difficult. We feel like if we could get in the damn car and drive there we'd help, bring water etc...what's the hold up? The National guard etc must be feeling the same helplessness, they're only human. Keep praying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home